Frequently Asked Questions

We love getting questions!! We’re here to help!!! Please Contact us if you have additional questions.

How are miles charged?

Touchdown RV provides 100 free miles per night. All miles incurred after that are charged at .39 per mile.

What type of Drivers license do you need to drive a Recreational Vehicle?

No special license is required.  According to the Indiana BMV A CDL license is required when the vehicle is in excess of 26,000 pounds. The biggest RV we have is 22,000 pounds. Also, vehicles designed or used to transport 16 or more people, including the driver; and vehicles used to transport hazardous materials.

How many miles per gallon should we expect?

It Depends ?  We’ve had customer report anywhere between 8-10 on Class C RV’s and 6-8 on Class A RV’s

This article talks about gas mileage  Gone with the wynns

Is an RV hard to drive?

We all thought riding a bike was hard at first.  You must remember how big the vehicle is. If you take the necessary precautions, driving an RV is simple. RV tracking and Rear Overhang are the most accidents we see.  99% of our accidents occur at gas stations
See video

Do we have to clean the outside of the RV?

No, included in the preparation fee is for us to clean the outside of the RV. However, you are required to clean the inside of the RV.

When do we need to run the generator?

The generator only needs to run if you need 120V power and not hooked up at a campground. 120V run, Air Conditioner, Microwave, and to power outlets you use to charge electronic devices.

When is return time?

Return time is 2:00PM  We charge $25 per hour after 2PM.