We love getting questions!! We’re here to help!!! Please Contact us if you have additional questions.
How does Insurance work
Most personal automobile policies provide coverage for RV Rentals. Personal auto insurance often will provide the best coverage with the limits you are comfortable with and provide a low security deposit of $500. Check with your agent to find out if your personal policy provides coverage.
If your personal auto policy does not provide coverage, there is basic coverage on the RV with a $1500 deductible that is included at no charge.
If your policy does not provide insurance coverage for the RV, there are four options for you to choose from.
- Personal Auto No Charge, $1500 damage deposit. Provides coverage for the RV. Does not provide liability coverage. Must provide Insurance binder from Insurance company.
- Option 1: $19.00 per day, $1200 damage deposit. $1,000 deductible. Provides state minimum liability requirements. Provides Loss of Use protection.
- Option 2: $32.95 per day, $600 damage deposit. $600 deductible. Provides State minimum liability requirements. Provides Loss of Use protection. Includes up to $150/day incidental expense protection associated with RV break-down for incurred expenses such as hotels, rental car, meals, etc.
- Options 3:VIP PLUS: $44.95 per day, $500 damage deposit. $500 deductible. Provides state minimum liability requirements. Provides Loss of Use protection. Includes up to $250/day incidental expense protection associated with RV break-down. 100% of tire replacement, rock chip and all windshields are covered.
- Windshield and Tire Protection: $49.99/trip, you could also add the Windshield and Tire Protection which covers all damages and replacement for Tires and Windshield 100% for A class and C Class for just $49.99 for your trip
The security deposit is an authorization only on a VISA, MasterCard or Discover at the time of pick-up. This does not charge the card but does confirm the funds and holds the amount during the duration of your trip. If you are using one of our options, you can decide which one at the counter when you are picking up your RV.
How are miles charged?
Touchdown RV provides 150 free miles per night. After you exceeded the free miles, they are charged progressively in mileage packages. After exceeding the package, mileage is charged at .75 per mile
First 100 .39 per mile
200 miles .39 per mile
300. 49 per mile
400. 49 per mile
500 .59 per mile
600 .59 per mile
700 .69 per miles
800 .69 per mile
900 .79 per mile
1000 .79 per miles
2000 1.00 per mile
What type of Drivers license do you need to drive a Recreational Vehicle?
No special license is required. According to the Indiana BMV A CDL license is required when the vehicle is in excess of 26,000 pounds. The biggest RV we have is 22,000 pounds. Also, vehicles designed or used to transport 16 or more people, including the driver; and vehicles used to transport hazardous materials.
How many miles per gallon should we expect?
Is an RV hard to drive?
We all thought riding a bike was hard at first. You must remember how big the vehicle is. If you take the necessary precautions, driving an RV is simple. RV tracking and Rear Overhang are the most accidents we see. 99% of our accidents occur at gas stations
Do we have to clean the outside of the RV?
No, included in the preparation fee is for us to clean the outside of the RV. However, you are required to clean the inside of the RV.
When do we need to run the generator?
The generator only needs to run if you need 120V power and not hooked up at a campground. 120V run, Air Conditioner, Microwave, and to power outlets you use to charge electronic devices.
When is return time?
Return time is 2:00PM We charge $25 per hour after 2PM.